Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Miracles!!!

We have been so blessed not only throughout our lives, but especially this last year. We have been reminded continually of our Heavenly Father's love for our little family. He is so aware, and so ready to help us and make us happy.

A review of a few of this last years miracles: 

Scott and I were able to marry when we were un-sure if we would be able to due to a past infraction of Scott's that was still permeating our lives- truly a miracle when it was dropped- our Heavenly Father showed us miracles DO happen still, and in our day! MIRACLE

My body went through some hard stuff after getting off a particularly strong/very effective- and very changing birth control... I made a quicker recovery then 90% of people who get on that birth control (ps. I wouldn't recommend this one to anyone- ever).  MIRACLE

Because of this birth control, and other things I won't go into detail, we weren't supposed to be able to get pregnant for 2+ years... Well we got surprised in January and found out we were pregnant- 8 months after getting married! MIRACLE

Because we came into marriage both owning a home, and a car- our finances are not such that since I am pregnant I would be able to stay home and raise the family that both of us would prefer. We also couldn't afford- nor did we want to afford full-time daycare. After talking with my boss- a miracle occurred- he thought of a way to solve our very big problem (MIRACE- Heavenly Father is completely aware of ALL of us!) I will be taking 3 months maternity leave once I give birth, (and after a LOT of savings) ;) and then I will return back part-time. I will only be going into work for 5-6 hours on Tuesday's and only a couple hours on Friday's once Scott gets home from work. Scott's mother has already offered her amazing kindness in watching the baby on Tuesday's as well as many other offers from friends and family we cannot thank enough!!!! Money will be much tighter- and we won't be able to do many of the things we are blessed with now- but who cares!! MIRACLE

And our latest HUGE Miracle!: Scott received the $8000 tax credit for buying his home. Part of that credit states if you move out within the first 3 years you must re-pay the credit. Something we weren't aware of when we were able to rent out his home- (Oh! I almost forgot- that was a HUGE miracle in itself! Amazing renters!) when our renter for the Happy Valley home we are in fell through at the last minute. So we received a lovely letter in September stating that we would need to pay it back if we had indeed moved out of his home. L.o.v.e.l.y. (sarcastic). So that was weighing on us very heavily until tax season came around. Of course as everyone does you try and think of ways it doesn't apply to you- or you don't need to do it. By the end we realized the answer was clear- if we wanted to obey ALL of our Heavenly Father's commandments we needed to repay the $8000 in our tax return this year. Well as i'm sure you can understand we were very worried- not only are we looking at a new baby in September and all the $ that takes (which by the way is A LOT!) but we also didn't just have $8000 sitting around. We had $5000 saved up and were needing that for savings- but knew we would be extremely blessed if the $8000 would only cost us $5000 after all our other deductions etc. So Scott sent all the info to his aunt who works at a tax office and we said our prayers. And more prayers. And fasting. And more prayers. We got a call last week from his aunt. She started with saying we were going to get $2200 from State- amazing considering we never get anything from State- ok we thought- that brings it down to $5800- please let Federal have covered at least the $800.... Then she states "and your getting $500 from Federal" my first thought was- are you sure you didn't forget about us paying back the $8000??? (She had joked originally when we were giving her everything that we hadn't told her about the $8000). No- she didn't forget- we somehow (MIRACLE) over-paid Federal by $8500 last year!!!!!! Impossible- yet here- happening! MIRACLE

We cannot express how thankful we are to our Heavenly Father who is making it possible for us to have maternity leave, the items the baby needs, the soon-to-be hospital costs insurance doesn't fully cover etc. As well as the many other costs everyone faces when owning 2 homes. We have truly been shown that when something is right- things fall into place. Heavenly Father apparently thinks this is the right thing and we are so thankful for his help, for it would have been impossible otherwise.

A couple 3 1/2 month "belly pics" many of you have been requesting: 




At my last ultrasound they told me they were surprised I was carrying higher then usual (Nothing bad- they say that everyone is just completely different) and so i'm showing more/sooner then some- and I LOVE IT! Whenever I catch a glimpse of my little "baby bump" I smile and just think- I love you! Oh little baby- grow grow grow! I'm so excited for September! And so happy that people can hopefully start seeing i'm pregnant- not just eating too many donuts lol!

Also as a side note: I LOVE Craigslist! I have officially saved us $300!!! We have gotten our Lil Lamb Dream swing and our Carseat, Stroller and 2 bases! All in amazing condition- and barely used!! LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment