Friday, March 11, 2011

All the little things... :From my older (slower) blog ;) July 30th 2010

God is Good, Marriage is of God, So here’s the things to show why marriage is good and therefore of God ;)


  1. One day Scott was supposed to be gone earlier in the evening and I was supposed to be gone later in the evening and we were going to miss each other- so I told him I would make dinner, and just keep it on the stove for when he got home. ( I’m thinking- well of course I would do that! Duh! Apparently he thought that was pretty amazing) I came home after a really bad day at work and almost cried, he had cleaned the whole house, vacuumed the floors, done the dishes, bought me flowers, and left me a note saying I was the greatest wife ever! WOW! I can tell you now I want to make him dinner EVERY night!!!!
  2. I HATE spiders- in fact i’m terrified of them, and bugs- and he doesn’t hesitate when I scream his name, to come and kill them- even if it does seem ridiculous.
  3. He surprises me every once in awhile by how good he is to me- even on the most ridiculous requests...
  4. He rubs my feet without me asking him too- even after they are dirty ; )
  5. When i’m in bed and sometimes he is almost there too- or even in bed he will still get out and go close the bedroom door and the closet door if I ask him too (I like pitch black when I sleep)
  6. He cuddles with me at night even if it makes his arm fall asleep.
  7. When we lay on the couch he will always sit up and let me lay across him, many times brushing his hands through my hair- even though I have the more comfortable position.
  8. When i’m sick he is truly thoughtful and concerned for me, and will do anything he can to help me- even run to the store to get stuff and bring home dinner even though I was supposed to make dinner... and put up with my “I’m sick” attitude.
  9. He ALWAYS wants me to be happy and does whatever he can to help me to be so.
  10. He listens to me whenever I ask him to- or even when I don’t.
  11. He usually does all the dishes after dinner (One of my FAVORITE things)
  12. He is constantly trying to improve himself.
  13. When I have a concern or when I’m upset, he discusses it with me- and even if it gets heated- it gets resolved. He tries to change what he can after if he knows I don’t like it.
  14. Even though he has a “Man Cave” he prefers to stay out in the living room with me if I’m there.
  15. He Listens, Understands, and Applies most things.
  16. He is wonderful with teaching our primary kids.
  17. He is super handy and able to create things, work on things, and fix things... oh and he’s tall so he can reach things and open things when I can’t ; ) 
  18. He is very spiritual and constantly trying to apply those principles to his and our life, we do family prayer, and scripture study every night- and FHE together every week.
  19. He misses me when i’m not there.
  20. He doesn’t prefer sport games over time with me.
  21. He will watch the cooking or disney channel with me because he knows I prefer it over most other channels.
  22. He tells me when he’s upset with me or if I’ve hurt him- even un-intentionally so I can get better.
  23. He cares deeply for those around him and wants to help them- and the world we live in.
  24. He has great ideas, and can usually pull off my crazy ideas when I have them- like going to a Safari : )
  25. I catch him watching me sometimes- just to watch me, and whistle at me sometimes- or have me walk in front of him so he can see me- yah, it makes me feel good ; )
  26. He opens all doors for me if at all possible. True gentleman.
  27. He apologizes when he’s done something hurtful or wrong- even if it wasn’t on purpose.
  28. He is willing to read books or listen to marriage cd’s (don’t judge me everyone- to each their own) even if that isn’t his forte or what he likes.
  29. He’s willing to temper his conversation with me about politics- even if he’s very passionate because he knows I don’t like it as much.
  30. He is going to make an amazing Father someday and is a kind and loving husband.
I could go on- but this will have to suffice. I love him, I am so blessed to be with him every day- even if we go through hard times I’m always glad i’m going through it with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment