A re-cap of the last month:
We had a "girls night" while the boys had their Father-son Campout, Scott took Tyler, and Cat came with me to the girls night. We went to a restaurant called Beaches- it was delicious and looked great with all the beach deco.
We went to friends houses for dinners- DELICIOUS and wow- we seriously have the greatest friends! Kevin and Jannene Whit made the greatest BBQ, and Kathleen and Chris Erickson made delicious salad from a restaurant in Utah everyone LOVES, and Brea & TJ made really good pulled pork burgers, we made a BBQ for Emily & Seni Sheffet- who we found out are pregnant!! Only two months behind us! YAY! You can see our life is filled with many friends and... food ;) Its a good excuse to get together ;)
Hanging out with Q aka Camilla on Tuesday's- one of my favorite evenings- I love Q Tuesday's!
Doing temple work with some great friends!
Going on a date night with my amazing husband for an early celebration dinner of our 1 year at Urban Fondue. Note: I have loved fondue since going to the melting pot forever ago and have since had fondue nights with Brea & TJ- so this was going to be a tryout for a new place...
It was pretty good! We still prefer doing it ourselves or going to the melting pot- but it was still fun to spend that time together and reminisce the last year and all the positive changes in our lives'.
Then we had a goodbye dinner/evening with Miriam Brown as she was going to Hawaii for some time, then when she gets back will be promptly heading to Utah for school- totally awesome for her... sad for me :(
We had a Bunco night put on by Breanna Finlayson, which was a lot of fun...
And followed it by our official celebration of our one year anniversary in Florence- it was a BLAST!! I totally recommend our hotel- and especially the restaurant in it!!! WOW! I have seriously (and Scott agrees!) never had better Steak and especially their prime rib in my life!
We started by going to Lincoln City and driving down the coast line to the Sea Lion Caves that were really close to our hotel- other than really over-priced admission for what it was- it was a lot of fun!
Then we headed to our Hotel- The Driftwood Shores Resort- AMAZING!! It's the only hotel thats on the beachfront in Florence, they had fantastic views, beach and restaurant, also a pool- with a kids area! It had spraying tubes and everything- great place for families!!
We spent the day on the beach, eating at the fantastic restaurant and taking in the sunshine and views- PERFECT!
The next day we set for some more coastal driving to Bandon etc. It was so fun to see all of the sites- we stopped at the Bandon Dunes for dinner- (we were to early but they still offered to start dinner for us- we declined- but wow! Great place!!) We forgot our camera there- didn't know for a week- when Scott called they knew exactly and mailed it to us the same day- Great place!! So here are the final pictures of us sight-seeing:
And I had my 6 month baby appointment a few days ago! Baby Caira is doing fantastic, healthy heartbeat and measuring 2 weeks early!!! YAHOO!!! Early is way better than late... part of me wishes they wouldn't say it at all so when i'm two weeks early its a pleasant surprise instead of expecting it and then she really comes on-time... but on the hopeful side of me- keep growing strong Caira- and when you are healthy and ready, we are SO excited to meet you!! 3 months- I cannot believe it! Our lives will forever change in just 3 short/long/hot months!!!
I really don't want to see the second trimester go as it has been the best! I feel her move, and it is harder to move like I used to- but still not awful, I have had more energy, and able to not think of food with disgust- although I wasn't sick throwing up- food still didn't sound appealing those first few months, so i'm sad to see this phase go as lack of energy, and dis-comfort come to take its place- but as my husband keeps saying- its all for a better cause! And he is right! I would do it all over again for you sweet Caira Mae! We love you! And I especially love feeling you!
Here is me at 6 months- yup there is NO hiding I am prego! ;)



I LOVE YOUR PREGO BELLY!!!
ReplyDelete