The first few weeks were such a blur! The first week my mother was there- and she was truly a lifesaver- I really don't know if I would have survived without her! As soon as we got home from the hospital, Caira was in her carseat on the couch, while we all set things down and got things ready... I came into the family room where Caira was to see it looked like she was choking! My mom was with her and I freaked out! I ran over and tried to get her out as fast as I could, all the while my mom was telling me she was just fine! I thought she was just trying to make me feel better- to which she later responded "really Cherise? I would just let her choke so you could feel better??" yah... good point... one point for the new mom team!
Well as you can see I would have been lost without my mom! She helped me realize I need to put her down at least SOME times, that I didn't need to run at the slightest sound- I should wait to hear her cry. That I needed to feed her more often at first- she really did keep us from having to give her formula. Turns out Caira is just like I was when I was a baby- she loves to sleep! She will actually sleep through hunger- so I needed to wake her up to feed her... anyway.. My mom helped with the first bath, the first... everything! I did cry when she left.
Then my sister Lisa came to stay, and then Scott was able to be home with us for a week! What wonderful blessings we had! My Grandma Klein and Aunt Bonnie even came to visit- HOW WONDERFUL!! We look forward to a 4 generation picture this July for the family reunion!! Here are some pictures of some sweet memories!


















No comments:
Post a Comment